A lot of people want to learn python programming until they found all courses online made with laptops and desktops. so, they get disappointed and lose interest in learning. Today, I decided to help you with this problem and show you how you can run python on mobile phone.
Using Mobile Apps IDE
The first way is using mobile applications ( python mobile IDE ) to run python codes on.
Python IDE for android
We start with android mobiles .
Pydroid 3 - IDE for Python 3
This app is very helpful and useful with a good interface and easy to use . It provides you also by all the tools you need.
- Pip , so you can install python libraries on your phone.
- Terminal , to execute commands on your phone like a pc.
- Offline Python Interpreter .
- Syntax highlighting & themes.
more features :
- You can use OpenCV on phone (on devices with Camera2 API support).
- TensorFlow and PyTorch on mobile.
- Tkinter support for GUI.
- Mobile Cython support.
- Kivy graphical library to build android apps using your phone .
- pygame 2 to build games on your phone.
QPython 3L - Python for Android
QPython is the Python engine for android.it already has millions of users worldwide and it is also an open source project.
it contains some amazing features such as
- Android Python interpreter
- Python android runtime environment.
- Python editor
- QPYI and SL4A library
- It supports running multiple types of projects, including: console program, SL4A program, webapp program
- QPYPI and a custom repository for prebuilt wheel packages for enhanced scientific libraries, such as numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn etc
- Third App Integrations, such as: Barcode, Browser, SpeechRecongition, SendEmail, TextToSpeech
Termux is an Android terminal emulator and Linux environment app that works directly with no rooting or setup required. A minimal base system is installed automatically - additional packages are available using the APT package manager.
Simply termux makes your phone like a pc . so you can install python on your phone and run scripts.
I personally use it to serve website on my android phone. or to run scripts.
We will use termux only to run python files on phone. And Acode app to write the code.
How to use termux and acode to run python file on android
After installing termux and Acode. open Acode create new file and name it code.py then save it. After that go to parameters and give termux access to storage then open termux then run
pkg install python
to see all files in home storage so you copy your file to this location and run
Dcoder, Compiler IDE :Code & Programming on mobile
Dcoder is a mobile coding IDE and platform (Compiler for mobile), where you can run your projects, code and learn algorithms by programming on mobile. Build and deploy your projects straight from the mobile and integrate with Git (Gtihub, bitbucker) and sync with vs code, use of code compilations to make coding easy. Now code anytime, anywhere and on the go.
The main features include:
- Rich Text Editor with Syntax highlighting.(Code Editor)
- Line number, Auto indent, Autocomplete Parenthesis.
- Undo Redo.
- File Open/Save.
- Custom Suggestion View.
- Multiple Language Support.
- Thoroughly designed Algorithm problems to improve coding Skills and make programmers industry ready.
- Leader Board: To know where you stand amongst the vast Dcoder community.
- Custom Menu Drawer, Custom Code Editor Themes, Editable font Size for Editor and much more!!
Python IDE'S Iphone IOS
I talked about Dcoder on android section
Pyto - python 3
Pyto is a Python 3.8 IDE for iPhone and iPad. Run code directly on your device and offline. You can run scripts from Shortcuts and code your own home screen widgets.
- Python 3.8 with all standard libraries
- Full Python REPL
- Code user interfaces
- Smart code completion
- Use pip to install pure Python modules from PyPI
- Access scripts from everywhere
- Preview images and plots on console
- Multiple windows for iPadOS 13+
- Run scripts and code from Siri Shortcuts
- Code your own home screen widgets
- Interact with other apps thanks to x-callback urls
Online python IDE - Python website IDE
Personally i use online python IDE's a lot because it has fast internet access and you can store your code online.Here's a list of my favorites python websites ide
Replit is a simple yet powerful online IDE, Editor, Compiler, Interpreter, and REPL. Code, compile, run, and host in 50+ programming languages.
So you can use replit on your mobile phone you just have to go to replit website . then create an account. and start coding.
Colaboratory, or "Colab" for short, allows you to write and execute Python in your browser, with
- Zero configuration required
- Free access to GPUs
- Easy sharing
All you have to do is go to google colab and sign in.Then crate new project and start coding
Online Python IDE
Build, Run & Share Python code online using online-python's IDE for free.
It's one of the quick, robust, powerful online compilers for python language.
Don't worry about setting up python environment in your local. Now Run the python code in your favorite browser instantly.
Getting started with this Python editor is easy and fast. Just write the program and click the RUN button!! Code can be saved online by using the SHARE option that enables you to access your code anywhere using internet.
If you want to do something just stick on it and don't let anything stops you.
happy coding on your phones.